6 Ways to Sneak a Little Paris Into Your Caribbean Honeymoon
How many times have you been torn between wanting to honeymoon on the lush tropical beaches of the Caribbean and the allure of sipping champagne and munching hors d'oeuvres in a decadent French eatery in Paris? Well if you've ever felt this way, there are several Sandals Resorts & Beaches Resorts that highlight what’s best of not only Caribbean culture and lifestyle, but also bring to light European charm, including the allure of France. The only thing missing is the Eiffle Tower!
Here are a six ways you can enjoy a little bit of Paris in the Caribbean on your Honeymoon:
1. Taste the wonder of a Paris favorite with a crepe sampling at Café de Paris at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. From pastries and lattes, to delectable cookies, the café has it all.
2. Try learning a bit of patois – a French-based Creole language - while visiting Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia.
3. Stay in the French Village at Beaches Turks & Caicos to bask in the elegance of your suite, modeled after the décor enjoyed by aristocrats and rich upper bourgeoisie of the mid-nineteenth century.
4. Watch the art of “sabering” live and in action at Sandals Royal Plantation. This technique became popular in France when Napoleon’s army visited aristocratic domains just after the French Revolution. The saber was the weapon of choice of Napoleon's light cavalry, the Hussars.
(Photo Credit: China Daily.com)
5. Sample French cuisine at Sandals Emerald Bay's newest and finest restaurant, La Parisienne, featuring a progressive French menu and white glove service that rivals any of the fine restaurants located on Paris' storied Left Bank.
6.French military and political leader, Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "Champagne! In victory one deserves it; in defeat one needs it." Celebrate your special moment with a Champagne toast at a candlelight dinner on the beach or by the romantic fire pits at Sandals Royal Bahamian.